WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OVERDRAFTS AND OVERDRAFT FEES
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to another account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
* What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions without your consent.
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
* What fees will I be charged if Brenham National Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $25 each time we pay an overdraft
- There is a limit of $125.00 per day on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account
* What if I want Brenham National Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
You can authorize BNB to pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions by one of the following:
Complete the form below and click "Submit".
Call 979-836-4571 or toll free 888-292-4571 and instruct us to do so.
Print this webpage and deliver to one of our branches in Brenham, College Station or Chappell Hill
or mail it to: Brenham National Bank, P.O. Box 2568, Brenham, TX 77834-2568.