Total Access Internet Banking Disclosure
INTERNET BANKING AGREEMENT
This Internet Banking Agreement ("Agreement") for accessing your accounts through Brenham National Bank's "Total Access" Internet Banking Service explains the terms and conditions governing the banking services offered through the Service. By using Internet Banking, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Therefore, in consideration of the mutual promises contained herein and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, Bank and Customer, intending to be legally bound, do hereby agree as follows:
I. Definitions. The following terms and definitions apply when used in this Agreement.
"Account" or "Accounts" means one or more checking, savings, money market deposit or loan account that you have with us for Commercial or Personal use, as applicable.
"Bill Payment" or "Payment" means the remittance of funds, initiated through Total Access Service, from a Primary Service Account to a Payee.
"Bill Payment Service" means the Bill Payment Services offered by Bank, through our Bill Payment Services provider.
"Business Day(s)" means Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
"Deposit Account Agreement" has the meaning provided in Article X Section G.
"Electronic" means electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical or electromagnetic technology, or any other technology that entails similar capabilities.
"Funds transfer" or "Transfer" means a transfer of funds, initiated through Total Access Service, from one eligible account to another.
"Login ID" means a random identification number assigned to Customer by Bank which the customer may change at their discretion.
"Password" means personal identification number, personal security code, or passcode, whether one or more than one that you chose or was assigned to you by the Bank that allows you to access Total Access services.
"Payee" means any person or entity to which you direct a Payment through Total Access Service.
"Payment Account" is the checking account from which bill payments will be debited, whether one, or more than one.
"PC" means personal computer (including any personal data assistant or other wireless access device) that meets the requirements for use of Total Access Services.
"Total Access Service" "Internet Banking", or "Service" means the service(s) described in this Agreement.
"Transfer Day" means Monday through Friday, until 5:00 p.m., Central Time (Standard or Daylight). Holidays are not included. Transfers after 5:00 p.m. will be processed on the next business day.
Other definitions may be set forth elsewhere in this Agreement.
II. Setup and Use of Total Access Services.
In order to activate this Service, you must have at least one Account with us linked to the Service. You must designate a "Primary Account," from which applicable fees are to be deducted. An account that requires two or more signatures to make withdrawals may not be designated as a Primary Account. Prior to your first use of Internet Banking, the Bank will assign you a Login ID and a temporary Password (the Login ID and Password collectively are referred to as the "Access Codes"), required to gain access to Internet Banking. The Internet banking system will prompt you to change your Password the first time that you use the system. Creating an alias for the Login ID is optional.
B. Security Procedure
The use of the Access Code is a security procedure established by Bank to authenticate the identity of the person attempting to gain access to the Service. The security procedure is not designed for the detection of errors. We may require you to change your Password from time to time for security reasons. You should keep your Password in a secure location. Any person having access to your Password will be able to access these Services and perform all transactions, including reviewing Account information and making Transfers to other Accounts and to other persons. You are responsible for safeguarding the Access Codes, which are the "access devices" to your accounts and Internet Banking. Providing these access devices to another person effectively constitutes a grant of authority to access your accounts under Federal Reserve Board Regulation E ("REG E").
1. You agree to comply with the "Security Procedures" and any other Security Procedures Bank directs you to use, and you acknowledge and agree that the Security Procedures, including (without limitation) any code, password, personal identification number, user identification technology, token, certificate, or other element, means, or method of authentication or identification used in connection with a Security Procedure ("Security Devices"), constitute commercially reasonable security procedures under applicable law for the initiation of transfers and access to confidential Customer information. You authorize us to follow any and all instructions entered and transactions initiated using applicable Security Procedures unless and until you have notified us, according to notification procedures prescribed by us, that the Security Procedures or any Security Device has been stolen, compromised, or otherwise become known to persons other than you or your representative(s) and until we have had a reasonable opportunity to act upon such notice. You agree that the initiation of a transaction using applicable Security Procedures constitutes sufficient authorization for Bank to execute such transaction notwithstanding any particular signature requirements identified on any signature card or other documents relating to your deposit account maintained with Bank, and you agree and intend that the submission of transactions and instructions using the Security Procedures shall be considered the same as your written signature in authorizing us to execute such transaction. You acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by any and all transactions initiated through the use of such Security Procedures, whether authorized or unauthorized, and by any and all transactions and activity otherwise initiated by you, to the fullest extent allowed by law. You further acknowledge and agree that the Security Procedures are not designed to detect error in the transmission or content of communications or transaction initiated by you and that you bear the sole responsibility for detecting and preventing such error.
2. You agree to keep all Security Procedures and Security Devices protected, secure, and strictly confidential and to provide or make available the same only to your authorized representative(s). You agree not to disclose or provide any Security Procedures or Security Devices to any unauthorized person. Where you have the ability to change or modify a Security Device from time to time (e.g., a password or PIN), you agree to change Security Devices frequently in order to ensure the security of the Security Device. You agree to notify us immediately, according to notification procedures prescribed by us, if you believe that any Security Procedures or Security Device have been stolen, compromised, or otherwise become known to persons other than you or your authorized representative(s) or if you believe that any transaction or activity is unauthorized or in error. In the event of any actual or threatened breach of security, we may issue you a new Security Device or establish new Security Procedures as soon as reasonably practicable, but we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any delay in taking such actions.
3. We reserve the right to modify, amend, supplement, or cancel any or all Security Procedures, and/or to cancel or replace any Security Device, at any time and from time to time in our discretion. We will endeavor to give you reasonable notice of any change in Security Procedures; provided that we may make any change in Security Procedures without advance notice to you if we, in our judgment and discretion, believe such change to be necessary or desirable to protect the security of our systems and assets. Your implementation and use of any changed Security Procedures after any change in Security Procedures shall constitute your agreement to the change and your agreement that the applicable Security Procedures, as changed, are commercially reasonable and adequate for the purposes intended.
D. Equipment Requirements.
In order to use the Services, you must first obtain your own personal computer with Internet connection capability and related equipment (the "Hardware"). You also must provide the type of Internet access required by the Hardware and or Software. Once the Hardware has been properly connected and any required Internet access has been established, you will be able to access the Services' website. You are and will remain solely responsible for the purchase, hookup, installation, loading, operation and maintenance of the Hardware, Software, and the Internet access service to your PC, and for all related costs. You are solely responsible for virus protection and maintenance of your PC. Bank shall have no responsibility for failures, interruption or other defects in the Services, which are occasioned by incompatible, improperly installed or improperly maintained hardware and software. The Bank may add to, modify, or replace software programs used in conjunction with providing the Services under this Agreement or any Service Agreement at its sole discretion and without notice, provided Services rendered to the Customer are not substantially negatively affected or obligations altered.
III. Personal Online Access Services.
A. Products and Services Offered.
You may use the Services to:
- Make transfers between Accounts you may have with us.
- Make Payments to a Payee from your Account(s) (Bill Payment Service).
- Obtain Account balances.
- Issue stop payment orders.
- Review recent transactions on your accounts over the previous ninety (90) days.
- Transfer money to make loan payments.
- Communicate directly with Bank via electronic messaging.
- Download account information in various formats.
These activities are limited to the extent noted herein and in the agreements governing your various accounts with us. Your ability to transfer funds from savings and money market deposit accounts using these Services are subject to the limitations described herein and/or in the applicable account agreements. You should refer to these agreements for restrictions and service charges.
Additional services may be included in an update to this Agreement or in other separate agreements to notify you of the existence of any new services available through Internet Banking. Information about new services may be obtained from our website at http://www.bnbank.com/. By using these services when they become available, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement or separate agreements covering these services.
In most cases you may use Internet Banking to gain access to deposit accounts in which you have an unrestricted right to withdraw funds. However, the Bank, as it may determine at any time and from time to time in its sole discretion, may deny Internet Banking account access, restrict Internet Banking account transactions, or place limits on the specific dollar amount of funds that may be withdrawn or transferred from any account.
B. Unauthorized Transactions.
To the extent a transaction is an "electronic fund transfer" under Federal Reserve Board Regulation E, tell us AT ONCE if you believe your Password has been lost or stolen, or if you believe that a Total Access transaction has been made without your permission using information from your check. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of the loss, theft, or unauthorized transaction, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your Password or made a transaction without your authorization.
If you do NOT tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of the loss, theft, or unauthorized transaction, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your Password or the Service without your authorization if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00. Also, if your statement shows a transaction that you did not make or authorize, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed, electronically transmitted, or otherwise made available to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods as may be reasonable under the circumstances.
C. Bank's Failure to Complete Transactions.
To the extent that a Service transaction is an "electronic fund transfer" under Federal Reserve Board Regulation E that relates to an Account established primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, if we do not properly complete a transfer to or from your Account on time or in the correct amount according to the terms of this Agreement, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, we will not be liable (and any payment guarantee provided elsewhere in this Agreement will not be applicable) if any of the following occurs:
- Through no fault of ours, you do not have sufficient collected funds in the Account to complete the transaction;
- The transaction would exceed the credit limit on any overdraft line of credit linked to the Account;
- Your PC, Internet service provider, telephone line, modem, or other equipment is not operating properly;
- The Service is not working properly and you were aware of the malfunction when you initiated the transaction;
- You do not properly follow the instructional materials provided in connection with Internet Banking;
- You do not authorize a Payment within a sufficient period of time for your Payment to be received by the payee by the due date;
- You have not provided us with the correct Payee name, address, account information, Payment amount, or other instructions necessary to complete the Payment, or the foregoing instructions stored on your PC's hard drive or the host system have been lost;
- A Payee mishandles or delays the handling of Payments sent by us;
- Your funds are held or frozen, or a court order or other legal process prevents us from making a transaction;
- Your Password has been reported lost or stolen;
- We have reason to believe that a transaction has not been properly authorized or authenticated, or is fraudulent, erroneous, or illegal;
- You have exceeded the limitations on frequency of transactions or dollar amount of transactions applicable to the Service or the Account;
- Your telephone service has been disconnected or there are deficiencies in the quality of your telephone line;
- Circumstances beyond our control (such as telecommunication or electrical outages and malfunctions, postal strikes or delays, computer system failures, or natural disasters) prevent the transaction;
- Making a transfer would cause us to violate any law, rule, or regulation to which we are subject; or
- Any failure on our part was not intentional and resulted from a bona fide error notwithstanding procedures to avoid such error, except for actual damages (which do not include indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages).
There may be other exceptions to liability stated in this Agreement, or in other agreements we have with you, or otherwise provided by applicable law.
D. Error Resolution.
In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Electronic Transfers, telephone us, write us at or E-mail us at the number or location provided in Article X, Section E as soon as you can if you think that your statement is wrong or you need more information about a transaction listed on your statement or appearing on the account activity screen of your PC, we must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared or you received notification of the problem or error on your PC. You must:
- Tell us your name and the Account number.
- Describe the error or the transaction you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) Business Days. We will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) Business Days for transactions that have occurred within 30 days after the first deposit to the account after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we require more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) days for point-of-sale transactions, transactions initiated outside the United States, or transactions that have occurred within 30 days after the first deposit to the account to investigate your complaint or question. If this additional time is necessary, and your written notification has been received by us, we will credit your account within ten (10) Business Days for transactions that have occurred within 30 days after the first deposit to the account for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) Business Days for transactions that have occurred within 30 days after the first deposit to the account, we will not credit your account and we will still have up to forty-five (45) days for point-of-sale transactions, transactions initiated outside the United States, or transactions that have occurred within 30 days after the first deposit to the account for our investigation.
We will tell you the results within three (3) Business Days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
IV. Additional Information about the Services.
A. Account Access.
Transfers and Payments from your Account will be deducted on the date you instruct us to process them. If the date you schedule a Transfer or Payment falls on a weekend or holiday, we will process your transaction the next Transfer Day. We may refuse to act on your Transfer instructions or Payment request if sufficient funds, including funds available under any overdraft protection plan, are not available in your Account on the date you want us to make the Transfer or Payment.
B. Processing Fund Transfers.
We can process a Transfer until 5:00 p.m. Central Time (Standard or Daylight) on a Transfer Day. If you schedule a Transfer for a future date, we will process the transaction on that date, if that day is a Transfer Day.
You are fully obligated to us to provide sufficient funds for any payments or transfers you make or authorize to be made. If we complete a payment or transfer that you make or authorize and we subsequently learn that you have insufficient funds for the transaction, you agree that we may reverse the transaction or offset the shortage with funds from any other deposit account(s) you have with us to the extent permissible by the applicable law and the terms of any other relevant agreements.
If there are insufficient funds in your Account to make a Transfer or Payment, we may refuse to make the Transfer or Payment or we may make the Transfer or Payment and overdraw your Account. In either event, you are responsible for any non-sufficient funds ("NSF") charges that may apply.
C. Canceling Transfers or Payments
You may cancel a pending Transfer or Payment transaction. However, to do so, we must receive your instruction to cancel prior to the cutoff time on the Transfer Day the transaction is scheduled to be processed. If we don't receive your instruction to cancel a transaction before that time, we may process the transaction. Additional information about issuing a stop payment on a Payment is described in Article IV Section F below.
D. Transfer(s) from Savings/Money Market Deposit Accounts.
Federal regulations require us to limit, either by contract or in practice, the number of certain types of transfers from savings and money market deposit accounts. You are limited to six (6) preauthorized electronic fund transfers per month. Of these six transactions, you are limited to no more than three transactions per month by check or point-of-sale transaction. Each fund transfer through these Services from your savings or money market deposit account is counted as one of the six (6) transfers permitted each month. However, payments to your loan accounts with us are not counted toward this transfer limit for savings/money market deposit accounts.
The Bank will not immediately receive e-mail that you send. Therefore, you should not rely on e-mail if you need to communicate to the Bank immediately. For example, if you need to stop payment on a check, to report a lost or stolen card, or to report an unauthorized transaction from one of your accounts, you should contact the Bank immediately by calling Customer Care (see Article X, Section E). The Bank will not take actions based on your e-mail requests until the Bank actually receives your message and has a reasonable opportunity to act.
F. Stop Payment Orders Other than for Bill Payment Service.
Stop payments may be entered for a particular check or a range of checks, or for checks of a certain amount or range of amounts. A view function displays pending stop payments. Stop payments entered through the Internet Banking system have the same immediate effect as if they had been submitted in writing to the Bank.
Once a stop payment request has been entered through the Internet Banking system, it can only be canceled or withdrawn by a written request to the Bank, and such cancellation or withdrawal will become effective only if the check for which the stop payment was requested has not yet been presented to the Bank for settlement. Stop payment procedures for Bill Payment Service are contained in the following Section H.
G. Overdrafts: Order of Payments, Transfers, and Other Withdrawals.
If funds are withdrawn from any of your accounts by means of electronic funds transfers, other than through Internet Banking on the same business day as an Internet Banking transaction, and if the account contains insufficient funds to enable both the electronic funds transfer and the Internet Banking transfer to be made, then the electronic funds transfer will have priority and the Internet Banking transfer will be refused or will result in an overdraft on your account. This is at the Bank's sole discretion.
H. Bill Payment Service.
You can arrange, at your option, for the payment of your current, future and recurring bills ("Payment") from your designated Bill Pay Account(s). For Bill Payment Service, your "Payee" list may include any entity or individual within the United States. Please include the full name of the Payee and a complete mailing address and telephone number for each Payee. Additional information such as your account number with the Payee, the amount of the payment, and whether the payment is recurring are also required. The Bank reserves the right to decline to make Payments to certain persons and entities. You agree that any Payment for Federal or State taxes, Payments that are court-ordered, government payments and Payments outside of the United States are prohibited and you agree that you will not attempt to use the Service to make these types of Payments. On recurring Payments, it is the responsibility of the account owner or designated authorized users to update Payee account information such as address changes, account numbers, etc.
Payments are posted against your ledger balance.
You may schedule Payments to be initiated on the current Business Day, on a future date, or on the same date of each month. If you are scheduling a Payment for the current day it must be initiated prior to 12:00 noon. Central Time (Standard or Daylight). Changes to previously scheduled Payments must be made before 12:00 P.M. CST the Business Day before the day it is to be initiated. If the transaction shows an (IN PROCESS) status, then the payment cannot be modified or deleted. Although you can enter Payment information through the Service twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, the Bank only initiates Payments on Business Days. Funds must be available in your Account on the scheduled Payment date for any electronic payments and will be credited to your Payee normally the next business day. Payments made by check will be deducted from your Account when the check clears your account. If you direct the initiation of a Payment to occur on a day other than a Business Day, it will be initiated on the following Business Day.
You must schedule any payment at least seven (7) business days prior to the payment due date for a check payment mailed to the Payee and at least three (3) business days before the payment due date for an electronic payment to the Payee. Brenham National Bank is not liable for any service fees or late charges levied against you due to postal delays or processing delays by the Payee. There is no limit on the number of Payees or number of Payments that may be authorized. The maximum per Payment amount is $999,999,999.00 for check Payments and the minimum per payment amount is $1.00. Electronic Payments are subject to the availability of sufficient funds in the designated checking account. However, Brenham National Bank reserves the right to impose limits at some future date, with proper written notice.
For all subsequent Payments, you agree to allow at least seven (7) business days for payments paid by check and three (3) business days for payments made electronically between the date you schedule a Payment to be initiated and the Payment due date (that is, the due date shown on your invoice or provided in your agreement with the payee, not taking into account any applicable grace period). If you do not, you will be fully responsible for all late fees, finance charges or other actions taken by the payee. If you schedule your Payment and follow all instructions provided, and the Payment is not received by the payee in a timely manner, a representative of Bank will work with the payee on your behalf to have any late fees or charges reversed.
When you schedule a Bill Payment that will be made by check, you authorize us to issue a check drawn on your qualified designated checking account for the requested amount and you also authorize us to pay the check on your account without your signature on the check. Funds will not be deducted from your account until the check clears through normal check clearing processing. If sufficient funds are not available in your designated account when the check is presented for payment, we may refuse to honor the check and return it unpaid. At our sole discretion, we may elect to pay the check regardless of the insufficient funds. In either event, your qualified designated account will be charged our then current fee for processing insufficient items, whether the check is paid or returned, as applicable. You are responsible for any loss or penalty that you may incur due to a lack of sufficient funds or other conditions that may prevent the withdrawal of funds from your account.
If Payment is to be made electronically and your Account does not have sufficient funds to make a Payment as of the date the transfer or Payment is attempted or scheduled to be made, the system will attempt to process the payment every day until appropriate funds are available, until the payment is deleted, until this Service is terminated or until the Account is closed. Recurring Payments scheduled for future dates will not be affected.
Recurring Payments and Transfers are those made for the same amount, on the same date, on a weekly, bi-monthly, monthly basis, etc. Once started, recurring Payments and Transfers will be made automatically until you delete the Payment or Transfer or upon expiration. If the Payment is not a recurring Payment, it will be a "one-time payment." One-time Payments do not recur and are not made until you enter the payee and amount of the current bill and submit the Payment. A recurring Bill Payment Service transaction that you want deleted must be deleted or the next Payment date changed one (1) Business Day prior to the current transaction date.
A stop payment cannot be placed on an Electronic Bill Payment transaction once issued. However, a stop payment can be placed on a Bill Payment transaction by Bill Payment check any time prior to 12:00 p.m. Central Time (Standard or Daylight) on the day such check is scheduled for final payment.
There is no fee for deleting a Payment initiated through Bill Payment; however a fee will apply for a stop on a Bill Payment check.
In the event a Payment is returned to us for any reason, you authorize us, in our sole and absolute discretion, to void the Payment and re-credit your Account.
V. Limitations. Your use of these Services is subject to the following limitations:
A. Dollar Amount.
There may be a limit on the dollar amount of the transactions you can make using these Services. Security reasons limit the dollar amount of transactions and these limits are subject to change from time to time. Payment can only be made with U.S. currency.
In addition to the Federal banking regulations that restrict the number of transfers and withdrawals, there may be limits on the number of transactions you can make using these Services. These limits are for security reasons and are subject to change.
C. Foreign transactions.
No Payments may be made to Payees outside the United States.
Additional limitations may be contained in this Agreement or the applicable Service Agreement. Your ability to initiate transactions may also be limited by the terms of other agreements you have with the Bank or by applicable law.
VI. Parties' Responsibilities.
A. Your Responsibility For Physical and Electronic Security.
1. You are solely responsible for providing for and maintaining the physical, electronic, procedural, administrative, and technical security of data and systems in your possession or under your control. We are not responsible for any computer viruses (including, without limitation, programs commonly referred to as "malware," "keystroke loggers," and/or "spyware"), problems or malfunctions resulting from any computer viruses, or any related problems that may be associated with the use of an online system. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained is obtained at your own discretion and risk, and Bank is not responsible for any damage to your computer or operating systems or for loss of data that results from the download of any such material, whether due to any computer virus or otherwise. You are solely responsible for maintaining and applying anti-virus software, security patches, firewalls, and other security measures with respect to your operating systems, and for protecting, securing, and backing up any data and information stored in or on your operating systems. Bank is not responsible for any errors or failures resulting from defects in or malfunctions of any software installed on your operating systems.
2. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to protect yourself and to be vigilant against e-mail fraud and other internet frauds and schemes (including, without limitation, fraud commonly referred to as "phishing" or "pharming"). Customer acknowledges that, other than for the purpose of delivering eStatements, Bank will never contact Customer by e-mail in order to ask for or to verify Account numbers, Security Devices, or any sensitive or confidential information, and will never provide links to websites in e-mails that Bank transmits to Customer. In the event you receive an e-mail or other electronic communication that you believe, or has reason to believe, is fraudulent, you agree that you shall not respond to the e-mail, provide any information to the e-mail sender, click on any links in the e-mail, or otherwise comply with any instructions in the e-mail. To the extent allowed by law, you agree that Bank is not responsible for any losses, injuries, or harm incurred by you as a result of any electronic, e-mail, or internet fraud.
3. In the event of a breach of the Security Procedure, you agree to assist Bank in determining the manner and source of the breach. Such assistance shall include, but shall not be limited to, providing Bank or Bank's agent access to your hard drive, storage media and devices, systems and any other equipment or device that was used in breach of the Security Procedure. You further agree to provide to Bank any analysis of such equipment, device, or software or any report of such analysis performed by you, your agents, law enforcement agencies, or any other third party. Your failure to assist Bank shall be an admission by you that the breach of the Security Procedure was caused by a person who obtained access to your transmitting facilities or who obtained information facilitating the breach of the Security Procedure from you and not from a source controlled by Bank.
B. The Bank's Responsibilities. Bank agrees to use ordinary care in rendering Services under this Agreement. Customer recognizes and agrees that ordinary care does not mean error free. Customer agrees to pay all attorneys' fees, costs and expenses Bank may incur in collecting any sums Customer owes to Bank for overdrafts, service charges or otherwise or in enforcing any rights Bank may have under the terms of this Agreement or applicable law, rule or regulation applicable to Customer's account(s) or the Services rendered by Bank under this Agreement. Customer also agrees to pay all attorneys' fees, costs and expenses that Bank may incur as the result of defending any claim or action made against Bank by Customer, or on Customer's behalf where Bank is found not to be liable for such claim. In no event shall Bank be liable to Customer for attorneys' fees incurred by Customer in any action brought by Customer against Bank.
Our sole responsibility for an error in a transfer will be to correct the error. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, we will not be responsible for the following matters, or for errors or failures of our Services as result of:
1. Access. We will not be liable under this Agreement for failure to provide access or for interruptions in access to our Services due to a system failure or due to other unforeseen acts or circumstances.
2. Your Computer Equipment & Your Software. We will not be responsible for any errors or failures from any malfunction of your computer or any computer virus or other problems related to your computer equipment used with our Services.
We are not responsible for any error, damages or other loss you may suffer due to malfunction or misapplication of any system you use, including your browser (Netscape Navigator®, Microsoft Explorer®, or otherwise), your Internet service provider, your personal financial management or other software (such as Quicken® or Microsoft Money®), or any equipment you may use (including your telecommunications facilities, computer hardware and modem) to access or communicate with the Commercial Internet Banking Services.
3. Any Transaction or instruction. (a) exceeds the Customer's collected and available funds on deposit with the Bank; (b) is not in accordance with any condition indicated by the Customer and agreed to by the Bank; (c) the Bank has reason to believe may not be authorized by the Customer; (d) involves funds subject to hold, dispute, or legal process preventing their withdrawal; (e) would violate any provision of any present or future risk control program of the Federal Reserve or any current or future rule or regulation of any other federal or state regulatory authority; (f) is not in accordance with any other requirement stated in this Agreement or any Bank policy, procedure or practice; or, (g) for the protection of the Bank or Customer, the Bank has reasonable cause not to honor.
VII. Customer Privacy and Confidentiality. All information of a business nature relating to the assets, liabilities or other business affairs disclosed to the Bank by the Customer and the Customer's customers in connection with this Agreement is confidential. Bank shall not, without the express written consent of the Customer, disclose or permit access to any such information by any person, firm or corporation and Bank shall cause its officers, employees, and agents to take such action as shall be necessary or advisable, to preserve and protect the confidentiality of disclosing such information to persons required to have access thereto for the performance of this Agreement, or to any other party to which the Bank may be required by law to report such information. Customer agrees to hold confidential and to use only in connection with the Service provided under this Agreement all information furnished to Customer by Bank or by third parties from whom Bank has secured the right to use the Service, including, but not limited to, Bank's product and service pricing structure, system design, programming techniques or other unique techniques. In addition, should Customer at any time receive or acquire any information relating to another Customer of the Bank, Customer shall promptly return such information to Bank and not reveal such information to any other party and shall not make use of such information for its own benefit. Bank and Customer's obligations and agreements under this paragraph shall not apply to any information supplied that: was known to either party prior to the disclosure by the other, or is or becomes generally available to the public other than by breach of this Agreement, or otherwise becomes lawfully available on a non-confidential basis from a third party who is not under an obligation of confidence to either party. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, it is authorized and agreed by the parties hereto that the performance of said Service is or might be subject to regulation and examination by authorized representatives of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Board of Directors of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and/or a State regulatory agency and the Customer agrees to the release of the Customer's reports, information, assurances, or other data as may be required by them under applicable laws and regulations. Customer agrees that any specifications or programs developed by the Bank in connection with this Agreement or supplied or made available to Customer by Bank are the exclusive property of Bank, its agents, suppliers, or contractors, and further agrees that such material shall not be copied or used in any manner or for any purpose without the express written consent of Bank. This clause shall survive the termination of the Agreement.
VIII. Termination. Either you or the Bank may terminate this Agreement and your Internet Banking subscription at any time upon giving written notice of the termination to the other party. If you terminate Internet Banking, you authorize the Bank to continue making transfers you have previously authorized and continue to charge monthly fees until such time as the Bank has had a reasonable opportunity to act upon your termination notice. Once the Bank has acted upon your termination notice, the Bank will make no further transfers from your accounts, including any transfers you have previously authorized. If the Bank terminates your use of Internet Banking, the Bank reserves the right to make no further transfers from your accounts, including any transactions you have previously authorized.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Bank may immediately terminate this Agreement without notice if, in Bank's sole discretion, Bank determines that Customer has abused the Internet Banking Service or Bank believes that it will suffer a loss or other damage if the Agreement is not terminated.
Bank's election to terminate this Agreement is in addition to any and all other remedies that may be available to Bank and will not affect any obligations Customer may have to Bank. Any reinstatement of the Service under this Agreement will be at Bank's sole discretion and must be agreed upon in writing by an authorized representative of Bank.
Upon termination of this Agreement, any property or rights of a party in the possession of the other party, tangible or intangible, shall be returned to owner thereof within thirty (30) days after the later to occur of (i) termination of the Agreement or (ii) the last date that such party receives any such property or rights.
Upon termination of this Agreement, (i) Customer will promptly pay to Bank all sums due or to become due under this Agreement, (ii) Customer shall have no further right to make use of the Service or any system or software which may have been provided in connection with the Service.
IX. Changes in Terms and other Amendments. Where the EFTA and REG E apply, the Bank may amend this Agreement at any time by sending notice to you by mail or, to the extent permitted by law, by e-mail or electronic communication through Internet Banking, at least 21 days before the effective date of the amendment. Where the EFTA and REG E apply, notice is always required if the change would result in:
- Increased fees for the customer;
- Increased liability for the customer;
- Fewer types of available electronic fund transfers; or
- Stricter limitations on the frequency of dollar amount of transfers.
If the EFTA and REG E apply, we are not required to give notice if an immediate change in terms or conditions is necessary to maintain or restore the security of an account or an electronic fund transfer system. However, if such a change is permanent, and disclosure would not jeopardize security, we will notify you in writing on or with the next regularly scheduled periodic statement or within 30 days of making the change permanent. Such notices will also be published on the Bank's web site.
If the EFTA and REG E do not apply to a particular transaction, and other state or federal laws do not specify any notice or other requirements for an amendment, we will decide what kind of notice (if any) we will give you and the method of providing any such notice.
Your continued use of Internet Banking is your agreement to any amendments of the Agreement, including the Instructions as may be amended from time to time.
X. Other Provisions.
A. Electronic Notices.
THIS SECTION CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ELECTRONIC NOTICES. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
By signing and returning the signature section of this Agreement, or by using this Service, you are giving your consent for us to deliver to you any required disclosures and other notices concerning these Services or your Accounts by e-mail or other appropriate electronic means. You may withdraw your consent to receipt of electronic notices and required disclosures or change your e-mail address or electronic contact information by sending a Secure Message within the Total Access Internet Banking system or writing to us at the address set forth in Article X, Section E. If you withdraw your consent, we reserve the right to terminate your participation in these Services. Before we send to you electronically any disclosures or notices that would otherwise be required by applicable law or regulation to be made available to you in writing, we will send you an e-mail message and ask you to confirm that you can access the electronic information in the form in which it will be provided. After providing this confirmation, you may still request a paper copy of a disclosure or notice provided to you electronically by writing to us at the address above and identifying the disclosure or notice you are requesting. A fee may be charged for a paper copy of the electronic information.
You may use e-mail to contact us about inquiries, maintenance and/or some problem resolution issues. E-mail may not be a secure method of communication. Thus we recommend you do not send confidential personal or financial information by e-mail. There may be times when you need to speak with someone immediately (especially to report a lost or stolen Password, or to stop a payment). In these cases, do not use e-mail. Instead, customers should call us at the number provided in Article X, Section E.
B. Hours of Operation. Our representatives are available to assist you from the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time (Standard or Daylight), Monday through Friday, except holidays, by calling the number provided in Article X, Section E.
C. Ownership of Website. The content, information and offers on our website are copyrighted by us and the unauthorized use, reproduction, linking or distribution of any portions is strictly prohibited.
D. Geographic Restrictions. The Services described in this Agreement and any application for credit, deposit services, and brokerage services available at our web site are solely offered to citizens and residents of the United States of America residing within the United States of America. Citizens and residents may not be able to access these Services outside the United States of America.
E. Contact Information.
In case of questions about your electronic transactions contact customer service at:
Brenham National Bank
Attn: Customer Care
P.O. Box 2568
Brenham, Texas 77834
Phone: (979) 836-4571 or (888) 292-4571
F. Authority and Joint Accounts. Customer hereby represents and warrants that he/she has full right, authority and power to execute, deliver and perform this Agreement. If this account is a joint account, you are jointly and severally liable under this Agreement. Each of you acting alone may perform transactions, obtain information, stop or change payments or transfers, terminate this Agreement or otherwise transact business, take actions or perform under this Agreement. We are not required to obtain the consent of, or notify any other of you. However, each of you will only be permitted to access accounts for which you are an owner or authorized user.
Each of you individually releases us from any liability and agrees not to make a claim or bring any action against us for honoring or allowing any actions or transactions where the person performing the action or transaction is one of you or is otherwise authorized to use your Internet Banking account. Each of you agrees to indemnify us and hold us harmless from any and all liability (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney's fees) arising from any such claims or actions.
G. Deposit Account Agreement. Customer acknowledges and agrees that Customer's demand deposit account maintained with Bank is an integral part of the Services offered by Bank and that all transactions and Services initiated or processed pursuant to this Agreement are subject to the terms and conditions of the rules, regulations and agreement ("Deposit Account Agreement") governing accounts in effect from time to time between Customer and Bank. The Deposit Account Agreement is expressly incorporated herein by reference. The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall control over any inconsistent terms and conditions of the Deposit Account Agreement. Customer acknowledges that it has signed and executed all agreements, resolutions, signature cards and forms governing Customer's demand deposit account required by Bank. If Customer has not signed the foregoing forms required by Bank, by signing this Agreement, Customer acknowledges that it has read the contents of and agrees to be bound by the terms of those forms, agreements and documents, and adopts and ratifies, as an authorized signatory(s), the signature(s) of any person(s) who has signed a signature card or any check on Customer's account. Customer also agrees to establish all accounts that must be opened in conjunction with the Service provided by Bank.
H. Effective Dates. The effective date of this Agreement shall be the date upon which the Agreement is executed by Customer and accepted by Bank.
I. Internet Disclaimer. For any Service(s) described in the Agreement utilizing the Internet, Bank does not and cannot control the flow of data to or from Bank's network and other portions of the Internet. Such flow depends in large part on the performance of Internet Services provided or controlled by third parties. Actions or inactions of such third parties can impair or disrupt Customer's connections to the Internet (or portions thereof). Bank cannot guarantee that such events will not occur. Accordingly, Bank disclaims any and all liability resulting from or related to such events and in no event shall Bank be liable for any damages (whether in contract or in tort) that are attributable to the public Internet infrastructure, Customer's ability to connect to the Internet, or Bank's ability to connect to the Internet on Customer's behalf.
J. Financial Information. Bank may from time to time request information from Customer in order to evaluate a continuation of the Service(s) to be provided by Bank hereunder and/or adjustment of any limits set by this Agreement. Customer agrees to provide the requested financial information immediately upon request by Bank, in the form required by Bank. If Customer refuses to provide the requested financial information, or if Bank concludes in its sole discretion that the credit risk of Customer is unacceptable, Bank may terminate the Service according to the provisions hereof. Customer authorizes Bank to investigate or reinvestigate at any time any information provided by Customer in connection with this Agreement or any Services and to request reports from credit bureaus and reporting agencies for such purpose.
K. Deadlines. Customer shall deliver or transmit all data or information to Bank by the deadline(s) specified in this Agreement and Bank shall have no obligation to process data or perform the Service if the data is not received by the Bank by the specified deadline.
L. Customer's Duty to Inspect. Customer shall inspect all reports, journals, and other material evidencing the output of the Service(s) performed by Bank. Customer must report all errors to the Bank for Services performed and indicated in the reports, journals and other material evidencing the output of the Service(s) or otherwise reported to Customer daily by the close of business on the banking day following the day on which the Service(s) is rendered. Customer must report all other errors within a reasonable time not to exceed thirty (30) days from the date that the error is made. Failure of Customer to promptly report errors within such specified time may preclude Customer from asserting against the Bank any claims arising from the error or any loss caused by the error.
M. Payment for Services. Customer agrees to pay Bank the fees established by Bank for rendering the Services under the terms of this Agreement and the Service Agreement. Depending on which Internet Banking services you subscribe to, you will be charged the applicable Internet Banking fees as set forth in our General Information and Fee Schedule hereby incorporated by reference and made a part hereof. Once you have subscribed, you will be charged the applicable Monthly Fee(s) whether or not you use Internet Banking.
The Bank may change or add any fees for Internet Banking by the procedures outlined in Article IX for amending this Agreement. Fees charged for Internet Banking under this Agreement are in addition to any service charges or fees that apply to your accounts with us.
You authorize the Bank to deduct all applicable Monthly Fees from the Primary Account you have specified. If you close the Primary Account, you must notify us and identify a new Primary Account for the selected services.
In Addition to the Service fees, Customer agrees to pay for all taxes, tariffs and assessments levied or imposed by any government agency in connection with the Service, this Agreement, and/or the software or equipment made available to Customer (excluding any income tax payable by Bank). Customer is also responsible for the costs of any communication lines and any data processing charges payable to third parties.
N. Limitation of Liability.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, CUSTOMER AGREES:
1. THAT BANK SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR TO ANY OTHER PARTY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE BY CUSTOMER OF ANY SERVICE EVEN IF CUSTOMER, BANK OR BANK'S SERVICE PROVIDER HAVE BEEN SPECIFICALLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
2. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, BANK'S LIABILITY TO CUSTOMER UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO CORRECTING ERRORS RESULTING FROM BANK'S FAILURE TO EXERCISE ORDINARY CARE OR TO ACT IN GOOD FAITH.
3. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT CUSTOMER'S USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL BE AT CUSTOMER'S SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY BANK ON AN "AS IS" BASIS.
4. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, BANK MAKES NO, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN LAW OR IN FACT, WHATSOEVER TO CUSTOMER OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON AS TO THE SERVICES OR ANY ASPECT THEREOF, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR SUITABILITY. CUSTOMER AGREES THAT NO ORAL OR WRITTEN ADVICE OR REPRESENTATION OBTAINED FROM ANY BANK EMPLOYEE OR REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION FOR PURPOSES OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED PURSUANT HERETO.
5. BANK MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO CUSTOMER AS TO ANY COMPUTER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, OR EQUIPMENT USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CUSTOMER'S COMPUTER SYSTEMS OR RELATED EQUIPMENT, CUSTOMER'S SOFTWARE, OR CUSTOMER'S INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER OR ITS EQUIPMENT), OR AS TO THE SUITABILITY OR COMPATIBILITY OF BANK'S SOFTWARE, INTERNET DELIVERED SERVICE, EQUIPMENT OR COMMUNICATION INTERFACES WITH THOSE THAT CUSTOMER USES, OR AS TO WHETHER ANY SOFTWARE OR INTERNET DELIVERED SERVICE WILL PERFORM IN AN UNINTERRUPTED MANNER, INCLUDING (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
6. BANK SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR FAILURES RESULTING FROM DEFECTS IN OR MALFUNCTIONS OF CUSTOMER'S COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, FOR THE QUALITY OF PERFORMANCE OR LACK OF PERFORMANCE OF ANY COMPUTER SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE OR INTERNET DELIVERED SERVICES SUPPLIED BY BANK TO CUSTOMER IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, OR FOR THE TRANSMISSION OR FAILURE OF TRANSMISSION OF ANY INFORMATION FROM CUSTOMER TO BANK OR FROM BANK TO CUSTOMER. BANK SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR NOTIFYING CUSTOMER OF ANY UPGRADES OR ENHANCEMENTS TO ANY OF CUSTOMER'S COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE.
O. Compliance With Laws, Rules, and Regulations. Customer agrees to comply with all existing and future instructions used by the Bank for processing of transactions. Customer further agrees to comply with and be bound by all applicable state or federal laws, rules and regulations affecting the use of checks, drafts, fund transfers, and ACH transactions, including but not limited to, rules and procedural guidelines established by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) and any other clearinghouse or other organization in which Bank is a member or to which rules Bank has agreed to be bound. These laws, procedures, rules, regulations, and definitions shall be incorporated herein by reference.
P. Relationship of Parties. Customer and Bank acknowledge and agree that the relationship of Bank and Customer is that of an independent contractor and that this Agreement does not establish or create a general agency, joint venture, partnership, or employment relationship between them.
Q. Force Majeure. The Bank shall not be responsible for any liability, loss, or damage resulting from Bank's failure to perform any Service or to perform any other obligations under this Agreement which is caused by an act of God, fire, floods, adverse weather or atmospheric conditions or other catastrophes; war, sabotage, riots, acts of public enemy, or acts of governmental authority or the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve; labor difficulties; equipment or computer failure or destruction or the unavailability, interruption, or malfunction of communications facilities or utilities; delays or failure to act by Customer or third parties and their personnel; criminal acts; or generally any cause reasonably beyond the Bank's control.
R. Reimbursement. Any reimbursement by Bank for any liability hereunder may be made either directly to Customer or by adjustment of the aggregate ledger and collected balances of Customer's accounts.
S. Indemnification. In addition to other indemnification and liability provisions elsewhere in this Agreement, to the fullest extent allowed by law, if your use of the Service is not primarily for personal, family or household purposes, and/or if your applicable Accounts(s) is (are) not established primarily for personal, family or household purposes, customer will be liable for, hold harmless, and will indemnify Bank, and their employees and agents from and against all claims of any sort by third parties or others arising out of this Agreement, including all losses and expenses incurred by Bank arising out of Customer's failure to report required changes, transmission of incorrect data to Bank, or failure to maintain compliance with all laws, regulations and rules. Except for those losses caused directly by Bank's failure to exercise ordinary care or to act in good faith, Customer agrees to indemnify and hold Bank, its officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees, harmless from and against any and all losses, costs, suits, damages, claims, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from or related in any way to (i) any Services performed in connection with this Agreement, (ii) Bank's action or inaction in accordance with or reliance upon any instructions or information received from any person reasonably believed by Bank to be an authorized representative of Customer or Authorized User, (iii) Customer's breach of any of Customer's covenants, agreements, responsibilities, representations or warranties under this Agreement, and/or (iv) Customer's breach of applicable laws, rules or regulations.
T. ARBITRATION AND WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. CUSTOMER AND BANK AGREE THAT THE TRANSACTIONS PROCESSED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY SERVICE AGREEMENT INVOLVES "COMMERCE" UNDER THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT ("FAA"). ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM BETWEEN CUSTOMER AND BANK, OR BETWEEN CUSTOMER AND ANY OF BANK'S OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR AFFILIATED ENTITIES, THAT ARISES OUT OF OR IS RELATED TO ANY SERVICE PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY SERVICE AGREEMENT, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT OR IN TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING CLAIMS OF FRAUD, SUPPRESSION, MISREPRESENTATION AND FRAUD IN THE INDUCEMENT (COLLECTIVELY, ANY "CLAIM"), WILL BE SETTLED BY BINDING ARBITRATION UNDER THE FAA. THE ARBITRATION WILL BE ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION UNDER ITS COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES ("THE ARBITRATION RULES"). IF A CLAIM IS SUBMITTED TO ARBITRATION, (A) CUSTOMER WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO GO TO COURT OR TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL;(B) CUSTOMER WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ENGAGE IN PRE-ARBITRATION DISCOVERY EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THE ARBITRATION RULES; (C) CUSTOMER WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE ANY CLAIM ARBITRATED AS A CLASS ACTION UNDER THE ARBITRATION RULES OR UNDER ANY OTHER RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE; (D) THE ARBITRATOR'S DECISION WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING WITH LIMITED RIGHTS TO APPEAL; (E) THIS AGREEMENT SUPERSEDES ANY PRIOR ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND/OR ARBITRATION AGREEMENT THAT MAY EXIST BETWEEN CUSTOMER AND BANK. THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES WILL SURVIVE THE CLOSING OF CUSTOMER'S ACCOUNT AND THE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY SERVICE AGREEMENT.
U. Governing Law. The rights and obligations of the parties to this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas and applicable federal law. Subject to the provisions stated in Article X, Section T - Arbitration, any lawsuit regarding your account(s) must be brought in a proper court in the State of Texas.
V. Enforcement. In the event a dispute arises under this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled, subject to applicable law, to payment other party of its reasonable attorney's fees and costs, including fees for any arbitration, appeal, or bankruptcy proceedings, and any post-judgment collection actions, if applicable. If there is a lawsuit, you agree that it may be filed and heard in the State of Texas, if allowed by applicable law.
W. Miscellaneous Provisions.
1. Headings. The headings and captions contained in this Agreement are included only for convenience of reference and do not define, limit, explain, or modify this Agreement or its interpretation, construction, or meaning.
2. Severability. The holding of any provision of this Agreement as invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, in whole or in part, shall not affect the other provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
3. Waiver. No waiver by the Bank (whether or not in writing) of any term, condition, or obligation of Customer shall bind the Bank to waive the same term, condition, or obligation again, nor shall any other provision, condition, term, or obligation hereof be affected by such a waiver.
4. Binding Effect. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the successors, heirs, trustees, and permitted assigns of the parties hereto.
5. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto concerning the subject matter hereof. All contemporaneous agreements or understandings concerning the subject matter hereof, whether oral or written, are merged into this Agreement.
6. Transfers and Assignments. Customer cannot transfer or assign any rights or obligations under this Agreement without Bank's written consent. The Bank may assign its rights and delegate its duties under this Agreement to a company affiliated with the Bank or to any other party.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF INTERNET BANKING
1. Access Codes: Prior to your first use of Internet Banking, you will be assigned a User Identification Code and a temporary password which you will be required to change at your first log in (the User Identification Code and Password collectively are referred to as the "Access Codes"). You will need the Access Codes to gain access to Internet Banking. It is important that you keep your Access Codes confidential in order to prevent unauthorized use and possible loss to your accounts, and to prevent unauthorized use of Internet Banking. Anyone to whom you giveor disclose your Access Codes will have full access to your accounts, even if you attempt to limit that person's authority.
You may change your Access Codes for security reasons, or if you forget your Access Codes, by contacting the Bank to have new temporary Access Codes issued to you. It may take several days before you receive these Access Codes. There is no charge for changing your Access Codes.
Under no circumstances will a Bank employee request your Access Codes (including your Password) through Internet Banking, over the Internet, on the telephone, or through other contact. Do not respond to any such request, even if the person claims to represent the Bank.
2. Security Precautions: The Bank is committed to the security of its customers' accounts and account information. Similarly, you must take every precaution to ensure the safety, security, and integrity of your accounts and transactions with Internet Banking. The following guidelines should assist you in these efforts:
- Do not leave your account information out in an open area accessible by others, including on your Computer screen.
- Do not send your Access Codes or privileged account information over any public or general e-mail system.
- Do not leave your Computer unattended while you are connected to Internet Banking.
- We encourage you to routinely scan your Computer, diskettes, and software using a reliable virus product to detect and remove any viruses found. Undetected or unrepaired viruses may alter, corrupt, damage, or destroy your programs, files, and even your Computer. Additionally, you may unintentionally transmit the virus to other computers, diskettes, and software.
3. Hardware Requirements: You must have a computer capable of accessing the Internet via a modem or a direct connection.
4. Software Requirements: You must have an Internet browser which will operate on the computer specified in (3) above that is capable of 128-bit encryption.
5. Adding Accounts: You may add existing accounts to your Internet Banking subscription, by notifying us thru the Secure Message Center in Total Access Internet Banking or by coming in to the Bank.
6. Reporting Unauthorized Transactions: If you believe that an unauthorized transaction has been made from your account, or if your Access Codes have been lost or stolen, alert the Bank immediately by: (a)calling Customer Care at: 979-836-4571(local) or 888-292-4571 (toll free), (b)coming in to the Bank to report the unauthorized use, or (c) writing the Bank at:
Brenham National Bank
P.O. Box 2568
Brenham, Texas 77834
Attn: Customer Care.
7. E-mail Transmissions: Use of the general or public e-mail system to communicate with the Bank is at your own risk. We will not send any confidential or sensitive information, such as your Access Codes, account numbers, or financial information over any general or public e-mail system, other than for the purpose of delivering eStatements. You cannot use e-mail to initiate transactions on your accounts. There is a Secure Message Center within the Total Access Internet Banking System whereby confidential information can be transmitted securely to and from the bank.
8. Secure Message Center: After signing on to Total Access, there is a Secure Message Center available which you can utilize to communicate with the Bank in a secure environment. This is the only secure Internet email communication available.
We know how important it is to you that we protect your personal information and respect your privacy. We collect, retain, and use information about you only for specific business purposes, including to protect and administer your records, accounts, and funds; to comply with certain laws and regulations; to help us design or improve our products and services; and to understand your financial needs so that we can provide you with high-quality products and service. This policy describes how we collect, safeguard, and handle your personal information.
HOW AND WHEN WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Visitors to our web site remain anonymous, unless they sign on to use the banking services available to our customers. If you are a customer of the Bank, our files already contain certain information about you: identification information, (such as name and address), transaction and experience information (such as loan repayment history), and other personal information (such as information obtained from an application or consumer report). Please see "When We Share Your Information."
We may also use standard software to collect non-identifying information about visitors to our web site, such as:
- Date and time our site was accessed;
- IP address (a numeric address given to servers connected to the Internet);
- Web browser used; and
- City, state, and country.
If we collect such information, we will use it to create summary statistics and to determine the level of interest in information available on our site.
In addition, some areas of our web site may use "cookie" technology to place information about your visits to our site on your computer in a text file that only our web site's server can read. Using cookies, our web site assigns you a unique identifier (not your actual identity), so that you may be recognized in later visits to our site. On your return visits, our site can call up information specific to you, such as your preferences or interests, as indicated by documents you accessed or links you selected in prior visits.
Visitors may elect to provide us with personal information via e-mail, online registration forms, or our guest book. This information is used internally, as appropriate, to handle the sender's request. Please see "When We Share Your Information."
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
We take all measures necessary to maintain accurate and up-to-date customer records. If you find an error in anything you receive from us, please let us know. Please see "How to Contact Us."
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The Bank has strong internal controls in place to guard the security of the information we maintain. We have procedures for access, storage and disposal of documents containing confidential customer information. For our Internet banking services, we use industry-approved security technologies, including [provide information here on security measures].
We limit access to your confidential information to those employees who have a business reason for seeing that information. We educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy, and enforce employee privacy responsibilities.
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
By law, the Bank may disclose information about you and your accounts to our affiliates or third parties in the following instances:
- Where it is necessary, such as for completing transfers and bill payments, for check printing, or for data processing purposes;
- In order to verify the existence and condition of a payment account, such as to a credit bureau, merchant, or the payee or holder of a check issued by the Bank;
- In order to comply with laws, government agency rules or orders, court orders, subpoenas or other legal process, or in order to give information to any government agency or official having legal authority to request such information;
- To protect and enforce our rights; and
- When you ask or permit us to disclose such information.
In addition, if the bank believes it has a legitimate business reason for sharing personal information with an affiliate or a third party, such as to offer you certain discounts, products or services, we may share such information with third parties, unless you direct us in writing not to do so.
When we share your information with third parties according to this policy, we will require them to promise to keep your information confidential and to limit the use of such information only to the legitimate business purpose for which we have shared it.
HOW TO CONTACT US
- Need to notify us of possible unauthorized access to, or use of, your account information;
- Wish to review the information we have on file;
- Need to correct or change the information we have on file; or
- Choose to direct us not to share other personal information with our affiliates or third parties,
Please send a separate written request to:
Brenham National Bank
Attention: Compliance Officer
P. O. Box 2568
Brenham, TX 77834-2568
To help us complete your request, please type or print your name, address, phone number , account number(s), and social security number on your request.